Home Forums Battery & Charging Battery wont charge and non stop Critical Faults Reply To: Battery wont charge and non stop Critical Faults

• Natalie Ly

40 VF Points
    11/08/2023 at 20:21
    • Apple Play has never worked => Apple CarPlay has been working for me since pick up. With 9.6.0.3, Apple CarPlay loads even faster than before. However, 1 complaint is Carplay Apple Map doesnt display turn by turn on HUD and doesnt narrate directions anymore. prior to this, Carplay Apple Map displayed directions on HUD and also narrated.
    • The 360 cameras don’t work => Mine has always worked. I usually wait till camera icon fully loaded before shifting to Drive or Reverse. I know an owner whose 360 cam was messed up, so technician has to re-calibrate for it to work.
    • The driver door handle unlock button doesn’t work => I always use this button on driver’s door handle to unlock with no issues.
    • The car rolls backwards on hills and there is a delay in the response of the accelerator to catch the car. We are worried we will hit the car behind us => To avoid this, I always turn Creep on mode and step on brake. My previous ICE car had hill assist kick in very early on, so i never had to hold on to the brake while on steep hill. With VF8, i now turn on Creep mode and hold on to brake. yes sucky but definitely something can be improved upon.
    • The climate control settings do not work => with 9.6.0.3, climate setting is saved to the last one you set before locking the car.
    • The car audio system stopped working along with all warning chimes and turn signal indicators => wow no sound at all?
    • The Vinfast app does not support the car.
    • Remote control won’t work => apparently, they turn off remote control. I activated this remote control i guess before they turned this feature off.
    • vehicle errors don’t show up when they happen on the car => does sound like your car and app are not linking with each other
  • The squeaking at the back of the car
    • This has been repaired twice and comes back as service is doesn’t have the replacement parts to resolve it ==> In Vietnam, they had way to fix these sounds, but it seems like they are determined to upgrade us with suitable parts after they go through more testing.

I was optimistic that the car should perform better after updating firmware to 9.6.0.3. However, after reading your comments here with issues even for hardware parts, maybe Lemon Law to replace you a brand new car is a better option.

Keep us posted, Chris