Always a point of praise for VinFast vehicles is the comprehensive safety equipment they offer. The VinFast VF 8 and VinFast VF 9 are both designed to meet the highest safety criteria set by prominent regional and international evaluation programs such as ASEAN NCAP, EURO NCAP, and NHTSA. The following are some of the safety measures that are standard on VinFast’s electric car models.
Safety system on VinFast electric cars
Safety systems on cars are divided into active safety systems (including brake system, lighting system, electronic balance, support for horizontal departure, anti-slip support, etc.) and passive safety systems (including self-falling steering wheels, crumple zone, seat belts, emergency belt pretensioners, belt tension limiters, and airbags).
The electric car solutions offered by VinFast all come equipped with a multitude of safety measures, both active and passive. These features include at least six airbags, an emergency braking system, an anti-lock braking system, an electronic stability system, support for horizontal departure, and many more. There are also further sophisticated driver aid capabilities available, such as blind spot detection, lane departure warning, alerts for rear cross-traffic, and so on.
Specifically, the VinFast VF 8 and VF 9 are two electric SUV models that have been engineered to adhere to the 5-star requirements set forth by the ASEAN NCAP, EURO NCAP, and NHTSA. In addition to the standard amenities, these automobiles come furnished with safety features for both the driver and the passengers, as well as an advanced driver aid system known as an ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems).
In particular, the VF 8 and VF 9 each have 11 airbags, which is significantly more than some other models on the market that compete in the same market class. This helps to reduce the amount of force that is exerted on the seating positions in the event of a collision and includes the following types of airbags:
- 1 front-row center airbag protects occupants in the driver and passenger seats in frontal collisions;
- 2 curtain airbags protect the heads of the occupants before a side collision;
- 2 front airbags protect the heads and chests of occupants in the driver and passenger seats;
- 2 rear-seat side airbags protect the chest-width of passengers in the rear seat after a side collision;
- 2 front-seat leg airbags protect the knee joints of occupants in the driver and passenger seats in the event of a frontal collision;
- 2 airbags on the side of the front seats protect the chest level for occupants in the driver and passenger seats before side collisions.
The VinFast VF 8 and VF 9 are equipped with 11 airbags.
The VinFast VF e34 is the company’s initial pure-electric C-class SUV model, and it comes with 26 different safety systems that are designed to assist the driver in maintaining control of the vehicle:
- Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Brake Assistant (BA)
- Traction Control System (TCS)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD)
- Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Parking Assistance
- Tire Pressure Monitoring
- Automatic Headlights
- 360 Camera System
- Emergency Stop Signal (ESS)
- Airbag system including 6 airbags (Airbags for driver/front passengers. Airbags for front/rear side. Front/rear curtain airbags)
- Cruise Control System.
- In addition to the safety systems described above, the VinFast VF e34 comes with the following additional features: seat belt warnings in both the front and rear seats; emergency belt tension in the front seat; ISOFIX child seat fixing hook for rear seats; anti-theft warning and engine lock feature when there is a theft; automatic door lock when the vehicle moves; warning of oncoming traffic when opening the door; monitoring and displaying information about the vehicle’s condition; the ability to make an emergency/rescue call in case of an emergency; monitoring and warning of unauthorized intrusion; and automatic vehicle fault diagnosis.
On November 8, 2022, ASEAN NCAP announced the safety test results of the VinFast VF e34 electric car model, giving it a 4-star rating according to the evaluation protocol 2021 – 2025 with a total score of 78.99 points. The VinFast VF e34 received 5 stars in three categories: Adult Occupant Protection (AOP), Child Occupant Protection (COP), and Motorcyclist Safety (MS), with ratings of 35.92 points, 17.71 points, and 12.5 points, respectively. In the Safety Assist (SA) category, the VinFast VF e34 achieved 4 stars with a result of 12.86 points.
The VinFast VF e34 achieved 4-star ASEAN NCAP certification.
ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) features on VinFast electric cars
ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) is a technology that enables the driver to operate a vehicle without the need to manually manage it while still ensuring the driver’s continued safety. The camera and sensor network that is built into the vehicle is used to control the operation of this system.
The VinFast VF 8 will be a pioneer in the VinFast electric car line when it is equipped with ADAS technology capable of detecting and providing timely warnings, such as adaptive cruise control, driver assistance, collision warning system, and parking assist. Specifically:
2.1. Driver assistance features
The driver assistance feature has been upgraded and has had features added to help handle traffic situations quickly and accurately, including:
- Lane Assist System includes the following features: Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS); Lane Keeping Assist (LKA); and Emergency Lane Keeping (ELK).
- Highway Driving Assist: This feature assists drivers during highway driving in normal conditions as well as during traffic jams to ensure a safe and comfortable ride.
- Driver Monitoring System (DMS): This feature monitors the driver to detect drowsiness and lack of attention on the road ahead.
2.2. Cruise control features
- Adaptive Cruise control (ACC): assists the driver by automatically adjusting vehicle speed to maintain a safe distance from vehicles ahead.
- Smart Speed Regulation: helps prevent the vehicle from going over the speed limit and reduces the driver’s workload.
- Traffic Sign Recognition (TSR): informs the driver of the current published speed limit and other traffic signs.
2.3. Collision avoidance warning features
At VinFast, the collision avoidance warning system includes:
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW): warns the driver if it detects an impending head-on collision with objects such as vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles, or pedestrians.
- Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB): automatically detects an impending front or rear collision and activates the vehicle’s brakes to slow the vehicle and avoid or minimize a collision.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA): warns the driver of an impending collision from objects approaching from behind when the vehicle is reversing.
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD).
- Door Open Warning (DOW): warns occupants of approaching pedestrians before opening the car door.
- Acoustic Vehicle Warning System (if equipped): Since trams operate quietly, it is often difficult to hear a tram in motion. The Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS) emits a warning sound to warn pedestrians of the vehicle’s presence.
2.4. Parking assist features
The parking assist technology enables the driver to park the vehicle with more precision. This system is controlled by high-tech components located all around the vehicle, such as GPS and CCTV cameras. VinFast customers place a high value on this particular collection of the program’s features.
- Front and Rear Parking Assist: assists the driver when parking by alerting them to surrounding objects; uses visuals and sounds to notify and warn drivers.
- Car Summon: allows the car to automatically navigate to the driver from its parked position through VinFast’s application.
- Remote Parking: allows the driver to control the vehicle entering/exiting the parked position while standing outside the vehicle.
- Complete Parking: assists the driver in parking the car correctly at the selected location.
- 360 Degree Surround Monitoring.
- Rear View Camera.
Bạn cần đăng nhập để tương tác với nội dung này: Đăng nhập.