The airbag system in the VinFast VF 8 electric car includes a significant number of bags and many superior features. In addition, the way the airbags in the VF 8 function helps to minimize serious injuries to the occupants, particularly sensitive areas like the chest and head.
Compared to other cars in the same segment, the VinFast VF 8 is equipped with a noticeably high number of airbags. The automatic ON/OFF function of the airbag system in the VF 8 provides outstanding safety for customers when a crash occurs.
1. Types of airbags found in the VF 8
The type of airbag used depends on the installation location. Airbags in the VinFast 8 include frontal airbags, side airbags, curtain airbags, knee airbags, and airbags between the front seats.
1.1. Frontal airbags
The frontal airbags include a driver airbag located in the center of the steering wheel and a passenger airbag located in the dashboard area. They are designed to protect the head and shoulders of the occupants in the event of a forward collision.
However, not every collision will inflate the airbag. In fact, the central airbag sensor will measure the intensity of the collision and release the airbag if needed. The frontal airbags will be activated when the collision angle is about 30 degrees on both sides of the vehicle. In addition, when the level of frontal impact with stationary or non-deformable objects exceeds the limit, the airbag will be deployed.
- The frontal airbags will not deploy in the event of a rear or side collision, at which point the front seat belt pre-tensioners will be activated.
- Airbags are part of an airbag system and are designed with seat belts to protect occupants from upper body injuries. Airbags deploy very quickly, thus, sitting properly in the seat is extremely important to prevent injury from the deploying airbag.
- The airbag system includes driver and passenger airbag modules, an occupant detection system, sensors and an airbag controller.
WARNING: Avoid leaning on the door or dashboard while the vehicle is in motion. Make sure that there is nothing between the airbag working area and the passenger, as this could interfere with the airbag at the time of deployment.
1.2. Side airbags
The side airbags are on the outermost side of each front and rear seat backrest. These airbags can reduce the risk of injury to the upper body and head area of the passenger. Due to the small distance between the passenger and the door, the side airbags inflate very quickly in the event of a side collision or when the temperature inside the vehicle exceeds the permissible limit.
- The VinFast VF 8 does not have a rollover sensor, but in the event of a vehicle overturn, the side airbags can
- The front seat belt pre-tensioners are activated in the event of an accident, helping to limit the movement of the occupants.
- In the event of a rear-end collision, none of the airbags will deploy. Both front seat belt pre-tensioners will be activated.
- Seat belts and the airbag system will only protect occupants in the proper seating position.
WARNING: Avoid placing objects on the airbag or near the side windowpanes, as this could result in serious injury or death when the airbag deploys. Do not hit, kick, or knock hard on the side of the vehicle while the vehicle is moving, as this may cause the side airbags to deploy.
Side airbags reduce the risk of injury to the upper body and head area of the passenger (Source: Internet)
1.3. Curtain airbags
The VinFast VF 8 is equipped with two side curtain airbags, mounted in the roof. They are designed to reduce the risk of injury to the passenger’s head and neck area.
When the airbag sensor detects a severe side collision or if the vehicle overturns, the curtain airbags are activated on both the collision side and the non-collision side.
- Passengers need to fasten their seat belts and sit in the proper position, leaning close to the back of the seat to get the best protection from curtain airbags.
- Avoid attaching anything that covers the deployment area of the curtain airbag.
- Users should not open or repair any components of the curtain airbag system and should instead bring their vehicle to be repaired at VinFast’s service workshop.
CAUTION: In the event of a severe crash, the curtain airbags will deploy even without passengers. After deploying the airbag, the vehicle’s high-voltage battery will be disconnected.
1.4. Knee airbags
The knee airbags are mounted in the lower part of the dashboard, under the steering wheel column, providing additional protection for the knees and lower body of the driver and front passenger.
When the airbag sensor detects a frontal collision, the knee airbags will be activated at the same time as the frontal airbags. Knee airbags are used to distribute impact force, reducing leg and abdominal injuries by controlling lower body movement.
- Knee airbags cannot protect occupants if they are seated too close to the airbags.
- Passengers should ensure that the knee airbags can deploy without obstruction. Objects between the passengers and the airbags can increase the risk of injury during an accident by preventing the airbags from deploying.
1.5. Airbag between the front seats
The airbag between the front seats is mounted inside the driver’s seat. It is designed to create a soft barrier between the driver and front passenger in the event of a serious side collision.
The sensor in the airbag between the front seats will activate in the event of a collision. The airbag then deploys to create a soft, cushion-like barrier between the driver and passenger to prevent them from colliding with each other and causing injury.
WARNING: Avoid placing objects on the airbag, as this can cause serious injury or death when the airbag system deploys.
The airbag system in the VinFast VF 8 is found in the areas that have a high probability of collision with passengers when a car crash occurs. With 11 airbags – far more than other models in the same segment – the airbag system in the VinFast VF 8 electric car can help to minimize injury to passengers.
2. The working principle of the airbag system in VinFast VF 8 electric cars
The airbag system in cars is like a “warranty card”, providing maximum safety for the user in the event of a collision. However, the system may not be effective if the driver does not fully understand the working principle of the airbag system in the VF 8.
2.1. Conditions required for the airbag system in the VinFast VF 8 to deploy
The VinFast VF 8 is equipped with an accelerometer and sensor system. All sensors are connected to the airbag controller. In the event of a collision, these devices measure the impact on the vehicle and activate a series of sensors to deploy the airbags, helping to protect the driver and passengers. The airbag system in the VinFast VF 8 will deploy when the following situations occur:
The frontal airbags will deploy when the impact force is detected to be just enough to cross the threshold value of the frontal collision intensity or the collision sensor.
The side airbags activate depending on the severity of the impact caused by the collision. The side airbags and certain other airbags will be inflated if the impact is detected by the side collision sensor.
Vehicle airbags may deploy if the chassis collides with an object on the road or sidewalk.
WARNING: If the vehicle suddenly hits a high curb or a deep hole, the airbag may be activated.
Side airbags demonstration (Source: Internet)
2.2. Conditions for the airbag not to deploy
There are some cases when the airbag system will not work. Specifically, the airbag system does not deploy in the following situations:
- In some low-speed collisions the airbags may not deploy, as seat belts can protect occupants in these situations.
- In the event of a low-speed collision with a stationary column or small object, the airbags will not deploy. Similarly, the bags will also not be inflated when a collision occurs at a certain angle or has only a small impact on one side of the car.
- The frontal airbags do not deploy in a rear-end collision, because the occupants are moved backwards due to the force of the impact.
- The frontal airbags will not deploy in rollover accidents as frontal airbag deployment will not provide additional occupant protection.
The airbag system in the VinFast VF 8 has high sensitivity to ensure maximum safety for passengers in the vehicle. However, customers also need to carefully read the instructions, especially regarding the conditions that prevent the airbags from deploying, to actively control the vehicle safely.
3. Notes for when using the airbag system in the VinFast VF 8
VinFast prioritize the safety of customers by researching and applying the safe airbag system. However, during use, the user should note the following to ensure maximum safety when driving:
It is important that passengers fasten their seat belts properly, even if the vehicle is equipped with an airbag system. Failure to wear a seat belt can result in serious injury or death.
The user should not sit near the airbag area when it is not necessary. The driver must keep the recommended distance from the steering wheel while driving the vehicle.
Do not place objects in or near the airbag area, as this may increase the risk of injury in the event of an accident.
Improper use of seat covers can prevent the airbag from deploying and increase the risk of injury in the event of an accident.
Do not lean your head against the car door because when the airbags deploy from the rear seats, passengers may be at risk of injury.
When the airbags are activated, fine dust particles or water vapor may be released, causing skin and eye irritation. In this case, the user should get out of the car or open the window to breathe in fresh air and then wash their hands with soap and water.
All passengers must sit upright, in the center of the seat cushion, fasten their seat belts and straighten their legs, placing their feet flat on the floor. Failure to do so could result in serious injury to the occupants.
The airbag system in the VF 8 is programmed to ensure the safety of the driver and passengers. Regular vehicle maintenance, wearing seat belts, learning techniques for handling dangerous situations and complying with traffic laws are prerequisites for safe driving journeys.
Bạn cần đăng nhập để tương tác với nội dung này: Đăng nhập.