Home Forums Discussions Software Update Issues – Service Center

• Software Update Issues – Service Center

0 VF Points
    10/17/2024 at 20:06

Hi everyone! I’m in need of some advice on how to get a sooner service appointment for a software update. I first reported an issue with my Vinfast on June 9th. While charging with a fast charger, the vehicle stopped at 60% with a critical error. The car wouldn’t start and showed several red drive system fault error messages. I had to exit the vehicle and wait ten minutes before it would work again. Since then, the battery seems to lose charge rapidly overnight, even when it’s not being driven.

When I called Vinfast, they informed me that this was a known issue and that my software version (9.6.1.10) is outdated. They said the new software update should fix this. The service center was supposed to reach out within “a few days” to schedule a time to pick up my car and drop off a loaner since I’m 1.5 hours away from the Irvine service center.

Unfortunately, I never heard back from them, so I had to follow up on August 2nd due to the battery continuing to deplete at night. I’ve noticed that sometimes after locking the car and waiting for it to turn off completely, the “Brake” light is still on the main screen the next day. It seems like the car isn’t fully turning off, which might be causing the battery drain. Vinfast promised again that the service center would call “within a day or two” to schedule a time for the swap.

I didn’t receive a call, so I made a third attempt today, 8/29, to follow up. I was finally able to speak with someone at the Irvine service center, but the soonest they can work on my car is mid-November, and they need me to drop it off instead of using the promised “Mobile Service.”

Has anyone else experienced this? Any tips on how to get quicker service would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
Now