Home Forums Car Reviews Not a great review. Reply To: Not a great review.

• Leon Rosen

0 VF Points
    01/05/2023 at 15:41

I was on the same trip as this writer. Like many things in life, there are two sides to every story. It’s clear to me that VinFast wasn’t ready for bringing over this group of “influencers”. The cars weren’t ready for prime time and even though they made every effort to show the people on the trip that VinFast is a major player in Vietnam and they know how to stage a major production/showing, the response that has followed really threw a damper on their efforts.

The fact they came out with a so-called city edition with a very limited range was a face saving effort to try and meet their delivery schedule. No one on the trip was advised of this step child coming out. What happened to their internal market research telling them range anxiety is still a very real negative to the overall EV market?

Now, they are talking about deliveries of the full scale/range V8 sometime in July.

Time will tell if they actually make this revised delivery date.

Someone at corporate needs to stop making promises that can’t be kept and the continued price increases is putting them at a significant disadvantage to the established EV models coming to market. The negative automative press reviews aren’t doing them any good and is going to make it harder for them to position the car as an upscale, forward thinking EV.

I’m still holding out hope that when the final production models arrive in the US, they will exceed market expectations. It has the right “bones” to be a competitive sled for the US market/consumer.

LDR