Home Forums Discussions VF 8 City Edition Getting a Range Increase via January OTA Update? Reply To: VF 8 City Edition Getting a Range Increase via January OTA Update?

• Gabriel Rodriguez

0 VF Points
    12/23/2022 at 17:53

Well, let’s just say Vinfast hasn’t been very transparent. I was told many things early on that never materialized.

Initially, we were told reserved VF8’s would start arriving sometime in Nov. but in late Nov., cars were shipped but not the type of cars Vinfast Pioneers reserved. They replaced them with a “City Edition” with short range. In the summer, I was told test drives would begin late summer or early fall, but it never happened. In the Vinfast showroom, I signed up to be notified and scheduled for a test drive but never received a call, months later I received an email(which ended up in my span box) asking me to schedule a drive using a link but no test drives were available on the weekend. In the summer, I was also told Safety rating would be out soon but now, “City Edition” is in CA and still no Safety Rating. Cost for the VF8’s have gone up twice, battery lease prices has gone up and now I’m hearing we’ll have to pay extra for certain exterior and interior colors. Information is not being sent to Vinfast Pioneers. Many items from the website have been removed such as VF8 specification sheets and were never replaced. My initial excitement with Vinfast early this year is fading. I had high hope for this brand and had looked forward to buying stock.Well, let’s just say Vinfast hasn’t been very transparent. I was told many things early on that never materialized.
    Initially, we were told reserved VF8’s would start arriving sometime in Nov. but in late Nov., cars were shipped but not the type of cars Vinfast Pioneers reserved. They replaced them with a “City Edition” with short range. In the summer, I was told test drives would begin late summer or early fall, but it never happened. In the Vinfast showroom, I signed up to be notified and scheduled for a test drive but never received a call, months later I received an email(which ended up in my span box) asking me to schedule a drive using a link but no test drives were available on the weekend. In the summer, I was also told Safety rating would be out soon but now, “City Edition” is in CA and still no Safety Rating. Cost for the VF8’s have gone up twice, battery lease prices has gone up and now I’m hearing we’ll have to pay extra for certain exterior and interior colors. Information is not being sent to Vinfast Pioneers. Many items from the website have been removed such as VF8 specification sheets and were never replaced. My initial excitement with Vinfast early this year is fading. I had high hope for this brand and had looked forward to buying stock.